Saturday, January 1, 2011

Textbooks, and the Acquisition of Them

I hate shopping online.  I am always afraid I'm going to get duped, and you can't hold the thing you're buying in your hands, or see it for real.  Anyway, I am in the process of buying my books for next semester; it's doubly exciting because I am basically flat broke.  My mom's helping me out, but of course I feel terrible about that... She insists it's fine, but I still feel kind of low about it.  So I've been bouncing back and forth between the school's textbook website, Amazon, B&N, and Alibris trying to find the best deal, and it's driving me crazy (*woooooOOOOOOOOoooo!*).  I think I've decided how I'm going to do things (where to buy, what to buy, what to rent) but now comes the paying part.  Some of the books (ie most of them) are used and when they're gone they're gone, so I'm a bit concerned about waiting...  I'm hoping nothing will happen til Monday, because today's a holiday and tomorrow's Sunday, but then I remembered that I'm gonna be sky high on Monday because I'm getting my wisdom teeth out... maybe my mother can order in my stead...

NB barnesandnoble.com's hold music is making me want to punch something

No comments:

Post a Comment